Meters must have a clear and unrestricted path for access at all times.
- Meters must remain accessible at all times. While we no longer physically read meters, we will be performing periodic safety inspections.
- Meters should not be located in areas which are inconvenient to enter or where privacy is desired.
- The meter must have a working space of 36” wide x 36” deep and located in an area with a minimum of 84” of standing head-room.
- New service entrance location shall be approved by the Cooperative prior to installation.
- Meters to be located at alternate locations under carports, decks, breezeways, etc., shall have a clear and unrestricted path for access to the meter at all times.
- Meters should be located so accessibility will not be obstructed by future alterations or additions. (See note #3)
Clearing Right of Way Guide