Heat Pump Program
Heat Pump Rebates & Loans
Are you heating with zonal electric resistance, forced air or portable space heaters? A new energy efficient heat pump might be what you are looking for. If you are interested in installing an energy efficient heat pump in your home or business, you may want to review the information in our Heat Pump Packet:
- Qualifying ducted heat pumps must have a minimum Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of 9.0 & a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of 14.0. The American Refrigeration Institute (ARI) or the Manufacturer certifies these efficiency ratings.
- Qualifying ducted heat pumps must to meet the Performance Tested Comfort System (PTCS) requirements which include duct sealing and heat pump commissioning components. For additional information, please refer to www.bpa.gov
- Qualifying heat pumps can only be installed in a permanent residence (no hardship permits) served by Lane Electric.
- Rebates for ductless heat pumps will be $500, for all service types. The rebate is available for commercial and/or residential services who install qualifying ductless heat pumps.
Rebate and Loan Information
You may apply for a loan OR a rebate (not both). A zero percent (0%) interest loan up to $9,000 is available on qualified systems. Loans are not available for new construction. If you are interested in a heat pump loan:
- Complete and sign the Pacific Cascade Federal Credit Union loan application.
- Return the loan application, proposed system bid/estimate, and pre-authorization form to Lane Electric.
- Application results are usually known within 48 hours.
- Upon loan and pre-authorization approval, notify the contractor to begin installation.
If you would rather finance the system yourself, a $500 rebate is available for qualifying air-source (standard) heat pumps, geothermal and ductless units. Notify Lane Electric when installation is complete & ready for inspection.
To insure your complete satisfaction when installing a heat pump, please follow this checklist:
- Be sure your electric service meets the additional requirements for serving a heat pump. Your contractor should address this issue. NOTE: Lane Electric will verify, when needed, that your electric service meets the starting requirements of the new heat pump. If required, Lane Electric will schedule a time to upgrade your electric service.
- Read the enclosed information on heat pump systems.
- Make the “shell” of your home as energy efficient as possible. An analysis or energy audit of the building components and existing insulation levels (shell) will help determine what weatherization items, if any, should be completed prior to installing your new heat pump. Insulation levels in your home must meet LEC specifications before any incentives will be available for heat pumps.
- Contact dealers for bids. A Contractor List with multiple choices is available from our office. As you obtain your bids, feel free to contact our Energy Services Department if you have any questions.
- Ductwork is one of the most important parts of your heating/cooling system! You can reduce duct losses by having existing ducts tested and sealed. On new duct systems, make sure your contractor understands that you are requiring sealed ducts as part of your installation package. You may qualify for an Oregon State tax credit for this type of duct sealing.
- For Loans: Select the bid you wish to use. Return the bid, the pre-authorization sheet (completed by the contractor), and your credit application to Lane Electric’s Energy Services Department.
- Wait to hear from Lane Electric regarding loan approval. When financing and system pre-authorization are approved, call your contractor and have them begin installation. NOTE: It is very important that you do not commit to an installation until you are notified that these items have been authorized.
- OR, if you wish to apply for a rebate, have your contractor complete a system pre-authorization form prior to starting the job. Upon authorization by LEC’s Energy Services Department, have your contractor begin installation. Once the job is complete, return the rebate form and sales receipt to Lane Electric within 30 days of installation of the system.
- Upon job completion, we will inspect your new heating system and answer any final questions. Your rebate or loan will be processed when the inspection is complete and the system approved.
Please call one of our Energy Services Representatives at (541) 484-1151 if you have any questions.