New Member Information Packet
How to Get a New Member Packet
For your convenience, Lane Electric offers information for new members in a variety of ways:
- A printed, paper version available in the office or for mailing
- A CD, available in the office or for mailing
- Downloadable and printable PDFs (below)
To request a packet, stop by our office at 787 Bailey Hill Road in Eugene, Oregon, or call us at 541-484-1151 one will be mailed to you.
Information Included in a New Member Packet
- Welcome to Lane Electric (PDF) – This booklet has been prepared to provide a host of information about Lane Electric. Inside, you will learn about what a cooperative is, how you can participate in your cooperative, the 7 Cooperative Principles, what our basic fees and charges are and how much energy appliances can use each month.
- Bylaws (PDF) – Our bylaw booklet outline the rules of Lane Electric, which are established by the board of directors. Bylaws cover such topics as: Our location, details about our annual meeting and special meetings of the cooperative, information about director membership, meetings, compensation, selection and removal of board members, and more.
- 2016 LEC Rules & Regulations Booklet (PDF) – The Rules and Regulation booklet provides definitions for particular terms you might encounter as a new member, an overview of the general term and conditions of electric service, connect and disconnect fees, meter reading, billing, line extensions and conversions and net metering information.
- Electric Service Requirements & Guidelines (PDF) – This booklet is a must if you are considering having a new service installed to your home or business. Information about easements, overhead and underground service, service diagrams and more, are available.