Understand what each item on your LaneElectric bill means. Below is a detailed explanation.
1. Member Service Information – Provides office hours, member service hours and other contact information for LaneElectric.
2. Total Amount Due and Due Date – Summarizes total amount or budget amount due and due date for the service address listed.
3. Monthly Electricity Usage – Compares previous monthly electric usage to your current month’s usage on the Main Meter. It represents the past 13 months of your total kilowatt-hour (kWh) usage. If you’re a metered Energy Wise program participant, a comparison of the Energy Wise Meter is also available.
4. Explanation of Current Charges – Summarizes usage period, number of days billed and your statement date. Includes information on your meter(s) by showing present and previous readings and kWh used. The multiplier varies by meter size and multiplies meter usage to calculate your actual kWh amount.
5. Cost to Generate Energy You Use (Wholesale Power) – Outlines costs associated with generating electricity you use from our wholesale power providers including the Wholesale Power Cost Adjustment (WPCA). The WPCA is charged to your Main Meter. Electricity used on the Energy Wise* meter does not get charged a WPCA.
6. Cost to Deliver Energy to Your Location – Summarizes costs associated with delivering electricity to your home or location. The Basic Monthly Service Charge recovers a portion of the cost to maintain the electrical service at your home or location. This charge is included on all member bills – regardless of how much or how little energy is used each month. Charges will appear separately for the Main Meter and the Energy Wise* Meter.
* If you see the Energy Wise meter showing 0 kWh under sections 5 and 6 you currently are not participating in a metered Energy Wise Program. Energy Wise programs are voluntary and members can receive reduced electric rates and/or bill credits.
7. Account Details – Includes applicable taxes, previous balances, adjustments, Energy Resource Conservation loans, budget billing amount, rebates and other miscellaneous charges. It also shows total amount due and due date.
8. Energy Wise* Savings – If you’re a metered Energy Wise program participant, this section breaks down your monthly and total Energy Wise savings over the past 12 months. If you do not see any information listed in this section, you currently do not participate in a metered Energy Wise program and are missing out on significant savings. Call our office for more details.
9. Messages from LaneElectric – Read important messages about products, services, promotional offers, notices and events.
10. Payment Stub – Detach this section of your electric bill and return it with your payment. If you participate in Automatic Bill Pay, the “Draft Date” is noted on the payment stub and the “DO NOT MAIL PAYMENT” message also appears.
11. Daily Electricity Usage – Smart Meters allow LaneElectric to capture your daily energy usage for a one-month period and show how much energy you’ve used on each day of the week. This graph (Main Meter and metered Energy Wise* usage is combined on graph) is a great tool to help you manage your monthly energy costs and look at ways you can conserve energy.
12/13. Your Electric Bill and the Components Involved – Explains that there are two main costs associated with producing and delivering your electricity: Wholesale Power and LaneElectric Delivery.
14. Other Important Billing Information – Summarizes other billing information including Operation Round Up, due dates, late payment charges, deposit fees (residential or business deposit policy)and check processing.